Monday, April 7, 2008

Tasty Sangria Recipe

I had been looking for a Sangria recipe after having a tasty one at a Cuban restaurant in Atlanta. I looked online and I found Sangria recipes varied greatly, including everything from lemons, peaches, brandy, and sugar. I tried a few different recipes, but didn't really like any of them. Lemons made it sour, peaches made it too sweet, Brandy just gave it a taste of alcohol and the sugar never really dissolved.

The best and simplest recipe for a great Sangria is this:
  • 1 bottle of inexpensive dry red wine, like a Cabernet or Burgundy
  • 1/2 cup Triple Sec
  • 1/2 cup rum
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • Chopped apples


  • That's it. Just mix together in a large pitcher. It's easy enough to remember the proportions so you can quickly mix up another batch, even in the middle of a party. I figured the total alcohol in it is basically equal to wine. Hope you like it.

    Submitted by Teresa Koransky.

    1 comment:

    Crazy Eddie said...

    That recipe sounds pretty good. 90% of the Sangria I've tasted has been too darn sweet. I had a Sangria once about 20 years ago that was utterly delicious but unfortunately I didn't get the recipe.